In this case study, a leading US-based pet food palatant manufacturer engaged CPL Business Consultants to formulate a go-to-market strategy to sell its ingredients in the European market.
The objectives of this study were to assess the market potential in the EU for palatability-enhancing products for dry pet food and to suggest how the US client might best enter this market. CPL sought information on the existing market situation regarding the volume and value of palatability enhancers. Manufacturers, agents and distributors of these products were identified and described. Issues specific to the EU, such as tariffs or GMOs, were also discussed.
You can click to see the contents of the study or otherwise look below for an outline.
Pet Food Ingredients
- Markets for Pet Food
- Markets for Pet Food Palatant Ingredients
- Market Accessibility
- What Have Other Palatant Companies Done?
- What Have Companies in Other Sectors Done?
- Interest in Pet Food Palatants
- EU Pet Food Trends and Issues
Entering the EU Market
- Discussion of Strategic Options
European Pet Food Ingredients Markets
- Market Dynamics
- Complete Dry Pet Foods
- Pet Food Market
- Petfood Manufacturers
- Ingredient Manufacturers
- Ingredient Suppliers
- Danish Petfood Manufacturers
- Dutch Petfood Manufacturers
- French Petfood Manufacturers
- German Petfood Manufacturers
- Italian Petfood Manufacturers
- Norwegian Petfood Manufacturers
- UK Petfood Manufacturers
CPL has also worked on other pet food ingredients related projects e.g. pet food markets, pet food palatants, business planning, and fish oil & liver. You can find further relevant projects on feed and petfood here. Have a look at our PowerPoint Introduction and Brochure describing deliverables, differentiators and case studies. Eight case studies can also be reviewed.