In this case study, CPL Business Consultants assisted with the due diligence for a potential bolt-on acquisition in animal feed additives.
The objective of this project was to assist a Private Equity client in answering key questions regarding the potential synergies between an animal feed additive and premix company and one of its portfolio companies as part of a due diligence process. CPL also supported the process with technical and commercial input (e.g. in management meetings). Additionally, CPL facilitated a workshop which included a technical brainstorming session exploring possible product synergies.
CPL was able to bring detailed and authentic insight, based on its knowledge, experience and extensive networks, and as a result the Client fully understood the target company and its product portfolio, and was able to assess its value and potential with confidence.
CPL’s detailed report included the following sections:
- How strong is the Company’s value proposition?
- How does the Company compare with the competition on key performance parameters?
- How strong is the Company’s position in the market?
- How strong is the Company’s value proposition poof?
- Is the sale evidence based?
- To what extent does the portfolio address major industry drivers and trends?
- Is there a strong business logic for acquisition?
- If the Company is acquired, what would still be lacking?
Commercial, scientific and technical review of Company’s products
- Digestive Performance
- Functional Ingredients
- Mycotoxin Management
- Feed Palatability
- Feed Preservation
Competitive landscape for animal feed additive products
- Trends and recent developments
- Competing animal feed additive players and products
- Focus on portfolios of 3 competing players
- Substitute additives
- ~30 interviews from CPL’s networks