The objective of this project was to assist a Private Equity client in answering key questions regarding the potential synergies between an animal feed additive and premix company and one of its portfolio companies as part of a due diligence process. CPL also supported the process with technical and commercial input (e.g. in management meetings). This included facilitating a workshop which included a technical brainstorming session exploring possible product synergies.
CPL was able to bring detailed and authentic insight, based on its knowledge, experience and extensive networks, which allowed the Client to fully understand the target company and its product portfolio, and assess its value and potential with confidence.
CPL’s detailed report included the following sections:
- How strong is the Company’s value proposition?
- How does the Company compare with the competition on key performance parameters?
- How strong is the Company’s position in the market?
- How strong is the Company’s value proposition poof?
- Is the sale evidence based?
- To what extent does the portfolio address major industry drivers and trends?
- Is there a strong business logic for acquisition?
- If the Company is acquired, what would still be lacking?
Commercial, scientific and technical review of Company’s products
- Digestive Performance
- Functional Ingredients
- Mycotoxin Management
- Feed Palatability
- Feed Preservation
Competitive landscape for animal feed additive products
- Trends and recent developments
- Competing animal feed additive players and products
- Focus on portfolios of 3 competing players
- Substitute additives
- ~30 interviews from CPL’s networks