In this case study, a specialist regional ingredients company engaged CPL Business Consultants to look at market opportunities for coagulant enzymes in the dairy market. CPL’s report gave insight and strategic direction to the client, which subsequently entered the market with a successful product.
The objective of this study was to determine the market opportunities for a dairy coagulation enzyme used in cheesemaking. This study specifically looked at the potential for coagulation enzymes from GMOs.
CPL addressed several important questions:
- Is there any reason to consider entering this sector?
- If a company wanted to do this, what would it cost over what period of time?
- If a company were to enter this field, would it earn back its investment?
- What patents or other intellectual property can be obtained?
- What would be the best approach for a company entering this field?
- Should it consider doing this on its own or with others in the business?
Dairy Enzyme Market Opportunities
- Principal Findings
Coagulant Enzymes and Cheesemaking
- The Physiological Role of Coagulant Enzymes
- The Cheese Making Process
- Cheese by Country
- Cheese by classification
- Coagulants from GMOs
- Advantages of Coagulants Produced from GMOs
- Flavour Profiles
- Vegetarian Cheese
- Companies Producing Coagulants
Dairy Enzyme Market
- Coagulating Enzyme Market overview
- Scope for New Patents
Research on Coagulation Enzymes
- US Patents
- Others or All
- Non—US Patents
You can find other relevant projects by browsing the site or using the search bar at the top of the page. For example, in addition to dairy enzyme market opportunities, CPL has also worked on chymosin, starter cultures and strategy for a cheese ingredient company. Have a look at our Introduction and Brochure for a description of our consultancy work. You can also review eight case studies.