In this case study, an international ingredients company engaged CPL Business Consultants to provide an update on recent developments in the raffinose market to inform its business development plans.
Based on the conclusions, CPL was asked to provide a recommendation on whether the client should enter this market or not.
The purpose of this study was to update an earlier market study and compare how the market had developed over two years.
The study sought to determine the market for raffinose as an ingredient, estimate demand for food and medical uses, identify existing manufacturers and users and determine regulatory issues regarding the use of raffinose as a food ingredient.
The study was carried out using a variety of sources, including in-house data, information and contacts, publicly available data and abstracts. Manufacturers, distributors and users of the product in the pharmaceutical and food industry were contacted and consulted concerning their views and involvement with raffinose. Prices and volumes of the product manufactured and sold were investigated. This allowed conclusions to be drawn on the current perspective of the raffinose market.
Click here for a PDF of the contents of the study or look below for an outline.
Raffinose Market Update
- Client Questions
- Principal Findings
- Market size, Trends and Prices
- Medical Biotechnological and Food Uses
- Manufacturers and Distributors
- Principal Conclusions
- Views and Recommendations
- Chemical Structure
- Estimated Market Size and Market Dynamics
- Pricing and Prices Development of Raffinose
Medical and Biotechnological Uses of Raffinose
- 17 contact reports
- Functional Foods Market
- Raffinose as a Functional Food
- Competing Ingredient Products
- Food Research Users of Raffinose
- 20 Organisations
- Actual, Claimed and Potential Manufacturers
- Current regulation
- Evolving regulation
- United States
- Regulatory Contact Reports and Useful Resources
- Raffinose and Stachyose in Foods
- Retailers’ advertised prices
- Raffinose trade prices
- Manufacturers’ prices
- Raffinose price lists from 5 companies
- Cost of soluble fibre
- Transplant Market
- Components used in organ transplant preservation
- Transplant statistics for key markets
- Estimated UW solution usage in key transplant markets
- Functional Foods Market
- Functional food sales (US$m) by country
- Functional food sales (US$m) by country and sector
- UK sales of functional food
- European sales of functional food (US$m)
- Perceived obstacles to functional foods
- Summary of current functional foods available in the US
- US sales of functional food and drink (US$m)
- FOSHU Foods / Ingredients
- Other Foods
- Functional Foods vs. Dietary Supplements
- Suggested target populations for prebiotic and probiotic intake
- Segmented US market for baby food
Have a look at our Introduction and Brochure for a description of our consultancy work. You can also review Eight Case Studies.