In this case study, a commodities trading company engaged CPL Business Consultants to provide insights into the market for sorbitol as part of its growth and diversification strategy.
The study was focussed on products used as food ingredients that can be derived from starch, for example polyols such as sorbitol. The objective was to provide information to a client about the market dynamics of sorbitol and also to assist the company in developing its strategy. CPL was able to provide the required insights and gave recommendations e.g. on risks and value of trading in sorbitol as a commodity.
Sorbitol Market Dynamics
- Market Value, Volume and Growth (CAGR)
- Applications and Pricing
- Production Methods
- Sorbitol Positioning, Sales and Marketing
- New Entrants
- Contact Reports (Interviews)
- Metabolic, biochemical and chemical considerations
- Raw material production
- Raw material processing to fermentation/chemical substrates
- Conversion of raw materials to crude products
- Product separation and purification
- End products and technical aspects of use
- Costs and markets
- Chemical and physical properties, citric, ascorbic, lactic acids
CPL has worked on sugar and sweeteners on many occasions an example of another project can be found here. Have a look at our PowerPoint Introduction and Brochure describing deliverables, differentiators and case studies. You can also review Eight case studies.