In this case study, a regional ingredients company engaged CPL Business Consultants to find potential acquisitions in speciality food, cosmetics and personal care ingredients as part of its global expansion strategy. CPL provided a qualified and prioritised list of the most suitable companies and included some warm introductions.
CPL Business Consultants assisted a client in the initial phase of finding suitable targets for acquisitions in speciality food ingredients and ingredients for cosmetics and personal care.
Initially, CPL compiled a list of over 1000 companies operating in the food/nutraceutical and cosmetics/personal care speciality ingredients markets using various sources, including CPL’s in-house database, company directories and trade show exhibitors. We then reduced this list to ~300 speciality ingredient companies by an outline review which assessed the suitability of these companies according to the criteria set out in the proposal to reject companies that were clearly not suitable. Finally, we selected ~40 speciality ingredient companies for non-parametric analysis (NPA), which ranked the companies according to criteria relating to how well the targets matched the client’s criteria and provided an overview of the top companies.
Click to see the contents of the study, or look below for an outline.
Acquisitions in Speciality Ingredients
Objective and Method
- Creating and Shortening the Company Lists
- Contacts Made in Specialty Ingredients
- Non-Parametric Analysis
Principal Findings and Recommendations
- Recommended Specialty Ingredients Acquisitions Targets
- Introductions and Advice on Approaching These Companies
Speciality Ingredient Company Profiles
- 5 High Priority Companies – Introduced to the Client
- 10 Medium Priority Companies – Meet Soon
- 10 Lower Priority Companies – Watch and Meet When Possible
- 20 Additional Specialty Ingredient Companies Profiled But Not Making the Short List
22 Contact Reports
- Speciality Food Ingredients
- Speciality Cosmetics and Personal Care Ingredients