K0106 Market for Polydextrose
The objective was to determine the potential for polydextrose in the EU and focus the marketing efforts to develop the EU.
Information on polydextrose and bulking agents was gathered for this report. Competitors were analysed and the nature of the threats posed by them were assessed. New areas to use polydextrose were found through analysis of its current market and the potential new applications based on its health claims such as dietary fibre, cholesterol reducer and glucose.
The information and literature on polydextrose was compared with other products on the market including those calling themselves soluble fibre, low calorie bulking agents, sugar replacers and gelling agents.
Click here for a PDF of the contents of the study or look below for an outline.
Table of contents
- Specific applications
- Chemical verses natural
New technical functionalities
Claims made about soluble fibre
Historical technical functionalities
- Manufacturers and distributors of polydextrose
Manufacturers and distributors of substitutes
- AS12 Market Potential for Supercritical CO2 Extraction
- AS03 Natural Food Colour Technologies and Markets
- AU12 Clean Label Emulsifiers
- AW09 Soy Protein Animal Feed Market
- B0904 Vegetable Proteins Industry (Plant-Based Proteins)