In this case study, a global food ingredients company engaged CPL Business Consultants to provide insights into the yeast beta-glucan market. Consequently, the study, with CPL’s recommendations, enabled the client to make informed decisions about its growth strategy.
This market feasibility study helped a client understand the yeast (1,3)-(1,6)-β-D-glucans business and also identified possible partnership opportunities. The study overviewed the beta-glucan market for human immune health, which also included an analysis of market size, key market segments, current players, key success factors, barriers to entry and an overview of the current IP, current research, prices and doses.
CPL contacted (1,3)-(1,6)-β-D-glucan producers (from yeast and mushrooms), distributors and supplement manufacturers for example, in North America, Europe and Asia. We also carried out an extensive patent database search for (1,3)-(1,6)-β-D-glucan, mainly for the US and Europe.
CPL based the main contents of the study on a large number of other sources, for example, in-house databases, government regulators, trade journals, patent databases, scientific journals, as well as existing reports on the immune market in Asia, Europe and the US. Subsequently, we analysed these data and assessed the key players’ strengths and products, drawing conclusions which led to clear and actionable recommendations.
Click to see the contents of the study, or look below for an outline.
Yeast Beta-Glucans Market
Objective, Method & Principal findings
- Yeast Beta-glucan Market Segmentation, Size and Growth (CAGR)
- Players & Competition
- Beta-glucan Prices
- Patents & Scientific Substantiation
- Key Success Factors & Barriers to Entry
Conclusions & Recommendations
Price elasticity analyses for yeast beta glucan in food
- UK and US price elasticity spreadsheets
Introduction to beta-glucan
- Yeast Beta-Glucan History
- Beta-Glucan Mechanism of Action
- Beta-Glucan from Yeast and Medicinal Mushrooms
Markets and Competition
- Market Segmentation (by Application)
- Beta-glucan Markets and Players in US, Europe and Asia
- Yeast Beta-Glucan (BG) Market
- Medicinal Mushroom Ingredients Market
- Immune Ingredients Market
Prices and purity
- Market Trends and Competition
- Regulations, Science and Technology
- Applications and Beta-Glucan Price
- Patents and Infringement Cases
- News Articles, Scientific Literature and Patents
Have a look at our PowerPoint Introduction and Brochure describing deliverables, differentiators and case studies. You can also review eight case studies.