In this case study a regional biologicals company engaged CPL Business Consultants to look in detail at the worldwide market for seaweed products and provide recommendations for its growth strategy. CPL’s report of nearly 500 pages, with a 15 page executive summary detailed over 100 companies, including details of their products, markets and marketing strategies. Drawing inferences from its research, CPL was able to formulate a robust strategy for how its client could play in this space.
The objective of this study was to assist the client in obtaining a detailed market understanding for seaweed-derived products in agriculture, horticulture and other target sectors, including food, cosmetics, animal feed, dietary supplements and pharmaceuticals. CPL identified potential partners and acquisition targets and made strategic recommendations on how the client should develop and grow its business.
Click here for a PDF of the contents of the study or look below for an outline.
Seaweed Products Worldwide
- Seaweed Production & Geographical Markets
- North America
- South America
- Seaweed Production & Market Sectors
- Agriculture & Horticulture
- Hydrocolloids Ingredients
- Nutraceuticals, Dietary Supplements & Pharmaceuticals
- Animal Feed and Petfood
- Products and Players
Overview of Markets for Seaweed Products
- Food Staple
- Agriculture and Horticulture
- Food, Animal Feed and Petfood
- Animal Feed
- Dietary Supplements, OTC Medicines and Pharmaceuticals
Production and Markets by Country
Seaweed Products – Production, Companies and Contacts
- Seaweeds of Commercial Importance
- Countries Covered: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Bangladesh. Belgium, Burma, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Denmark, Egypt, Fiji, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Mexico, North Korea, Kiribati, Latvia, Lithuania, Madagascar, Morocco, Mexico, Malaysia, Namibia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Philippines, Russia, South Africa, South Korea, Senegal, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Taiwan/China. Tanzania, Thailand, Tonga, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States of America and Vietnam
Seaweed Product Prices
Marketing of Seaweed Products
Markets in Agriculture & Horticulture
- Garden Centre Contacts
- The Netherlands
- United Kingdom
Markets in Food, Animal and Petfood for Seaweed-Derived Products
- Market Size and Trends
- Hydrocolloid/Texturiser Characteristics and Applications
- Hydrocolloid/Texturiser Suppliers and Structure of the Business
- 10 Company Profiles of Hydrocolloid Producers/Users
- Contacts Made in Previous Studies
- Appendix – Specific Hydrocolloids
Seaweed Products in Cosmetics
Markets in Dietary Supplements, OTC Medicines and Pharmaceuticals
- OTC Medicines
- Dietary Supplements
Cold Water Genera
- Chondrus Sp.
- Fucus Sp.
Warm Water Genera
102 Tables and 4 Figures
CPL Business Consultants has worked on many projects in seaweed, for example on commercial algal products and seaweed soil amendments. Have a look at our PowerPoint Introduction and Brochure describing e.g. deliverables, differentiators and case studies. You can also review eight case studies.