In this case study, an international food ingredients company engaged CPL Business Consultants to investigate a potential opportunity addressing post prandial lipemia.
Postprandial lipemia (PPL) is the prolonged increase of lipids in the blood, which can also increase the risk of cardiovascular disease (CD). The client received details of a novel ingredient which could potentially reduce the incidence of PPL and, therefore the risk of CD.
The objective of this brief overview was to provide assistance in determining whether the client should move forward in this area and, if so, how.
Over a short time period, CPL was able to investigate the ingredient e.g. through its networks, in-house information and publicly available sources. The report informed a board-level discussion on whether the client should pursue the opportunity further.
Click to see the contents of the study, or otherwise, look below for an outline.
Post Prandial Lipemia
- Weight management
- Post prandial lipemia
- The Product
- Post Prandial Lipemia (PPL)
- Strategies to Reduce PPL
Research on Postprandial Lipaemia
- Metabolic syndrome and LDL particle size
- Clinical Relevance of Postprandial Lipaemia
- Postprandial lipaemia, diet and its link to coronary heart disease
- Effects of postprandial lipaemia e.g. on vascular function, oxidative stress and gastrointestinal transit
- Effect of prior exercise on postprandial triglycerides, lipemia and endothelial function
- Effects of activity patterns on postprandial triacylglycerol concentrations
- Strategies for improving post-prandial glucose, lipids, inflammation, and also cardiovascular health
- Fish oil, plasma triacylglycerols and other cardiovascular risk markers
- Omega 3 DHA+EPA for cardiovascular health
- Effect of dietary antioxidants on postprandial lipemia and endothelial dysfunction
- Multifunctional effects of green tea catechins on prevention of the metabolic syndrome
- Influence of genetic factors in the modulation of postprandial lipemia
- The effect of statins on postprandial lipemia
- Effects of a stanol-enriched diet on plasma cholesterol and triglycerides in patients treated with statins.
- Effect of statins on postprandial lipemia, NMR lipoprotein subclass profiles and particle size
- Improving Endothelial Function and Reducing Postprandial Lipemia and Oxidative Stress
- Searches using the following keywords: “Postprandial lipemia” and “Atherosclerosis”, “Omega”, “Tea”, “Alcohol”, “Plant sterol”, “Plant stanol”, “Statins”, “Exercise” etc.
CPL has worked on many health ingredients, including opportunity and scouting projects. Have a look at our PowerPoint Introduction and Brochure describing deliverables, differentiators and case studies. You can also review eight case studies.