Objective and Background
The purpose of this study was to assist our client in identifying potential partnerships or acquisition targets of entities offering ingredients or products for application in food or food supplements with the following attributes: Aging-Related Conditions, Weight Management and Immune Health.
The main contents of the study are based on sources available to CPL including in-house databases and an extensive network of contacts in addition to public sector information (published, internet etc.). Additional information was sought from key contacts within the industries concerned as appropriate.
CPL identified those clients and contacts from previous work in the food ingredients sector, that might have opportunities in the areas of interest and contact was made. Public sector bodies including research institutes and centres, universities and technology transfer groups were also contacted.
Scientific literature and patent databases were searched for people and companies working in the areas of focus to identify whether there were opportunities, products, clinical trials or related ongoing research.
Click to see the contents of the study or look below for an outline.
Table of Contents
- Principal Findings
- Mechanistic Opportunities: Sirutin Activators, PPAR & AMPK Modulators
- Mechanistic Opportunities: CREB and MAP Kinase Pathways
- Enabling Technologies / Delivery Vehicles
- Optic, Brain & Neural Functions
- Immune Health Related Platform – Bone and Joint Health
- Immune Platform
- Flaxseed Lignan: Secoisolariciresinol Diglucoside (SDG) in Weight Management
- Beta 1-6 Glucans (Yeast & Fungal)
- Anti-Inflamatory Peptides
- Anti-Inflamatory Peptides from Milk
- Anti-Inflamatory Peptides from Chicken Hydrolysates
- Weight Management-Related Platform (Metabolic Syndrome, Cardiovascular, Diabetes)
- Metabolic Syndrome Diabetes
- Metabolic Syndrome Weight Management
- Fucoxanthin and Phlorotannins in SIRT1 Regulated Pathways
- Pro and Prebiotics