In this case study, a regional natural food colours company sought to expand into the EU market. Therefore, the client needed insights into the production and processing technologies which are required to compete effectively.
CPL Business Consultants produced a detailed and comprehensive report and also made specific recommendations on how the client should proceed. Additionally, CPL was able to arrange for an audit of the client’s current manufacturing facility.
CPL advised a client on the technologies used by companies operating in natural food colours in the EU market, for example, processing technologies, packaging technologies, anti-oxidant systems and emulsification systems. CPL also obtained information on the production methodologies and technologies commonly used within the EU market.
The project provided:
- A review of natural colour technologies, innovative solutions and new product lines
- Analysis of shortcuts of customer production, equipment, and technology processes
- Recommendations of equipment suppliers, engineering companies and basic production plans
CPL’s report included information on ~90 companies selling 690 natural colour products, profiles of 15 companies and their products and offerings, an analysis of 55 patents, a comprehensive trade press search (84 articles are included in the report) and also an analysis of the relevant scientific literature.
Additionally, CPL sought information from key contacts within the natural colours industry and academia. In total, 125 experts in colours were contacted during the study, and details of 13 companies contacted were also included in the report.
Table of Contents
- The summary included the Objective; Method; Principal Findings; Conclusions and Recommendations and also specific Answers to Client’s Questions
Natural Food Colour Technologies Insights
- Natural colour technologies
- Products and solutions for competitive advantage
- Production shortcuts and improvements
- Equipment and technology suppliers
- Production plans
Natural Food Colour Markets and Trends
- Market trends, value and growth and innovations
Competing Players and Natural Food Col0ur Products
- Product portfolios
- Value propositions
- Value chains
- Profiles of 15 companies
Views of Industry Contacts
- Market trends and strategy
- Technologies and equipment suppliers
- Interviews with expert contacts at 13 companies
Patents Relating to Natural Food Colour Technologies
- Summary analysis and abstracts of patents from 22 companies
- Natural food colours challenges
- Product formats and applications
- Market and regulations
- Players and products
- 73 news articles
- Use of natural and synthetic food colours
- Regulations relating to food colours and additives
- Characteristics and stability of food colourants: Annatto, Anthocyanins, Beetroot, Caramel, Carmine, Carotenes, Copper Chlorophyllin, Cumin, Lutein, Lycopene, Paprika and Spirulina
- Advanced processing and extraction technologies