An established ingredients company wanted to launch a new health ingredient product line and engaged CPL Business Consultants to produce a go-to-market strategy. CPL produced a plan outlining where and how the client should approach the market, leading to a successful launch.
The objective of this study was to provide the client with a strategy to find the optimum market for its range of products, specifically in the Asian market.
The main contents of the study were based on sources including in-house databases and an extensive network of contacts in addition to publicly available information (e.g. data from government agencies, patents, scientific journals, trade press, internet etc.). Additional information was obtained from other key resources within the health ingredient industry in sufficient depth to provide accurate analysis and guidance.
CPL used its extensive network of contacts to elicit information that would be difficult or impossible for clients to obtain independently. Interviews were conducted with those knowledgeable in health ingredients, both face-to-face and web/telephone conversations. Contacts were also made at trade shows.
The report consisted of two parts, the summary report and the reference report, to provide the essence of CPL’s findings along with our recommendations, followed by detailed data sources and analysis.
Click to see the contents of the study or look below for an outline.
Table of Contents
Objective, Scope & Method
- Review of the Client’s Products and Semi-Finished Range
- Retail Products and Supermarket Survey
- Competitive Landscape
- Extraction and Water Removal Technologies
- Strategic Conclusions
- Recommendations for health ingredient strategy
Outline Business Plan and Health Ingredient Strategy
- Market Segment
- Which Product Sectors Would Make The Most Strategic Sense And How Should It Proceed?
- Which Geographical Markets Should The Client Target?
- What Raw Materials Should The Portfolio Contain?
- Which Health Benefits Are Of Most Interest?
- Scientific Evidence
- Product Formats
- Phytonutrient Types and Their Benefits
- Carotenoids, Phycocyanin and Other Polyphenols
- Phosphatidylserine and Sulphur-Containing Phytochemicals
- Analysis of Phytonutrients in Raw Materials
- Health Benefits Associated with Raw Materials
- Assessment of the Suitability of Products as Supplements
Markets for Phytonutrients and Nutraceuticals
- Phytonutrients Market
- Nutraceutical and Functional Foods Market
- Asian Markets
- Retail Products and Trends
- Dietary Supplements
- Baked Products and Snacks
- Packaged Store-Cupboard Items
- Supermarket Survey
- Product Claims
- Raw Materials
- Summary of Products and Players
- 17 Key Players
- Products and Their Positioning
- Product Examples
- Products Combining Fruit with Other Active Ingredients
- Comparison of the Client’s Range with Competitor Offerings
Extraction and Water Removal Technologies
- Extraction Technologies
- Subcritical Water Extraction
- Solvent Extraction: Co2 Extracts
- Steam Distillation (Essential Oils)
- Solvent Extraction: Absolutes and Concretes
- Natural Deep Eutectic Solvents (NaDES)
- Water Removal Technologies
- Osmotic Dehydration
- Thin Film Drying
- Further Processing
- Freeze Drying Variants
Regulations for Health Ingredients
- The Codex Guidelines for Nutrition and Health Claims
- Scientific Substantiation of Health Claims
- What Claims Can Be Made
- Regulations by Country
- Australia and New Zealand
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
Contacts in Health Ingredients
- Contacts Summary
- Ingredients Trends and Regional Differences
- Supporting Data
- Key Segments and Health Effects
- Products Types and Formats
- Regulatory Environment
- Market and Competition
- Contact Reports – 39 Primary Manufacturers
- Contact Reports – 5 Distributors
- Contact Reports – 11 End Product Manufacturers
- 4 Industry Experts
Health Ingredients News
- News Summary
- Company News
- Product Research
- Market News
- 20 Company News Articles
- 43 Scientific Evidence And Product News Articles
- 18 Market News Articles
Have a look at our PowerPoint Introduction and Brochure describing deliverables, differentiators and case studies. You can also review eight case studies.