In this case study CPL was engaged by a Private Equity client to support a due diligence process for a food ingredients and food service concepts company. CPL answered key questions regarding a potential acquisition target and also supported the due diligence process with expert input as required.
The potential acquisition target was initially a distributor and blender of food and beverage ingredients, which had differentiated itself by providing value-added taste and nutrition solutions. The company invested in innovation to increase its solutions capabilities and its agility, positioning itself as providing solutions for fast turnaround innovations, such as seasonal specialities and concepts for food service.
The client asked CPL to initially conduct a broad, high-level overview of the company, starting with an outside-in view.
The main contents of the study have been based on sources available to CPL, including in-house databases and an extensive network of contacts, in addition to the publicly available information.
Table of Contents
Brief Answers to Questions
- What is its reputation?
- What are its Strengths and Weaknesses?
- Is the company truly innovative?
- What is its general strategy?
The Nature of the Product Groups
- Are the products specialties or commodities?
- How is it differentiated?
- How is value added and is there potential to add further value?
Ingredients and Food Service Concepts Markets
- What niches and markets does it address?
- How does it grow?
- What is the competition?
- View on M&A Strategy and Potential Bolt-Ons
- Initial View, History, Customers and Innovation
Products and Food Service Concepts Portfolio
- Food & Beverage Ingredients
- Aroma Chemicals
- Emulsifiers & Stabilisers
- Flavourings & Colours
- Preservatives & Acidulants
- Sweeteners & Sugars
- Food Service Concepts
Comments on the Information Memorandum
- Contact Reports (30 Contacts)