In this case study, Yissum at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem engaged CPL Business Consultants to assist it with its research commercialisation and technology transfer strategy. CPL’s report gave a clear strategy for prioritising the commercialisation efforts and the next steps for implementation.
This report provided an overview of the quality and suitability of the research at Yissum, the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, for commercialisation through collaborative activities with EU companies.
CPL visited the research facility and saw presentations on >30 projects, meeting with the researchers and asking them further questions. CPL completed an assessment form for each project, giving an overall opinion, recommendations and next steps.
The selection and assessment procedure was as follows:
- CPL selected projects from an initial list within certain technical spheres that might be of commercial interest to EU companies.
- The client then gave a priority order to these choices, and CPL reviewed a number of projects with researchers during a site visit.
- CPL assessed the projects’ commercialisation potential and likely interest to EU companies.
- We made recommendations to the relevant bodies concerning which projects could be developed and the best methods for achieving this.
You can find an outline of the project contents below.
Commercialisation of University Research
Introduction to Yissum Food and Biotechnology Research
- Overview of Research Projects
- State of Development
- Presentations by Researchers
- Background Material
- General Impression
Development of Patents
- Patent Strategy and Prioritisation
Future Actions by Yissum
- Implementation Steps for Commercialisation
Project Selection and Prioritisation
- Project Descriptions
In addition to this report on university research commercialisation, CPL has worked on nematicide commercialisation and numerous other technology transfer projects. You can find further relevant examples using the search bar on this page, or by browsing this site by areas of expertise. Have a look at our Introduction and Brochure for a description of our consultancy work. You can also review eight case studies.