In this case study, a global ingredients company engaged CPL Business Consultants to assess the US markets and competing technologies for antimicrobials in poultry processing. The client was looking at a particular company as a potential acquisition. CPL’s report gave the required insights for the client to decide on the next steps.
The purpose of this study was to review the business of a company active in the antimicrobial sector, especially in respect of its products used in chicken processing in the United States. We appraised the company’s products and the products it competes with and sought to understand success factors in the industry. On a broader level, we evaluated the US market for anti-microbials in poultry and the main players.
Click here for a PDF of the contents of the study, or look below for an outline.
Antimicrobials in Poultry Processing
- Clients questions
- What are the most important products/processes?
- Are other approved preservatives used?
- Why do customers choose a certain system?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of these systems?
- How important are technology and supplier reputation?
- What is the market value? What will it become?
- CPL’s Overall View
US Poultry Production
- Poultry Production by Integrator
- Concentration of Top Companies
Poultry Antimicrobial Products
- Costs and Market Potential
- Market Drivers
- Companies and Products
Contacts and Interviews
- Public Sector or Consultants
- Poultry Producers
Economics of Poultry Antimicrobials
- Net Returns on Broilers
Air Chilling Technology
- Poultry Chilling Overview
- Tecumseh Poultry (MBA Poultry)
- International Trade of Poultry Products
- Food Safety Issues (USDA-ARS)
News on Antimicrobials in Poultry
- Relevant Trade Press Insights
In addition to this report on antimicrobials in poultry processing, you can find other relevant projects by browsing this site or using the search bar on this page. Have a look at our Introduction and Brochure for a description of our consultancy work. You can also review eight case studies.