In this case study, a European food ingredients company engaged CPL Business Consultants to formulate a business strategy for its activities in the United States. CPL’s go-to-market strategy was later implemented in a subsequent project.
The objective of this project was to assist a European client in determining its plans and actions in respect of sales in the US. The client had been making a significant investment in time and resources in the US and wanted an objective view as to whether its business strategy was on ‘the right track’ to succeed and an analysis of how best to approach the market and to succeed.
The client has a strong corporate culture based on attitudes towards its employees and its customers as well as its approach to marketing, selling, R&D and product delivery. It was important that it is able to maintain this culture in the US.
Click here for a PDF of the contents of the study, or otherwise, look below for an outline.
United States Ingredients Business Strategy
- Principal Findings
- The Company
- United States Strategy
- EU and UK
- End User Views
The European Ingredients Company
- The Company Culture
- Sales Per Employee
US Ingredients Business Strategy
- Problems in the US Ingredients Market
- Current Business Strategy and Potential Improvements
- Alternative Approaches in the US
- United States Ingredients Market Size
- Ingredients Strategy in the EU and UK
Competition in the United States
- How Companies Describe Themselves
- Companies Producing Similar Systems
- Overview of Market Positioning of Main Competitors
- Main Competitor Profiles and Analysis
- Other Actual & Potential Competitors
- Food Ingredients Suppliers in the US
End Users’ Views of Stabiliser Companies
- Voice of Customer Survey
- Competitors in Food Ingredients
- Dairy & Premium Foods Companies
- Other Stakeholders in the Food Ingredients Business
In addition to this project on a food ingredients business strategy for the United States, CPL has also worked on a US strategy implementation project. You can find other relevant projects by browsing this site or using the search bar on this page. Have a look at our Introduction and Brochure for a description of our consultancy work. You can also review eight case studies.