This report is supplemental to study C0803 – The Market for Plant Sterols. Using the information obtained for study C0803, we made five year market forecasts for plant sterols.
CPL had access, through contacts, to the predictions and forecasts of the sterols market made by others including Health Strategy Consultants and Euromonitor.
We extracted from those reports the numerical predictions made and the assumptions that were used for these predictions. We commented on the assumptions that were made for several of these other reports and identified factors that could influence growth in the sterol market.
Click to see the contents of the study or look below for an outline.
Table of Contents
Market demand estimates
- CPL estimate of baseline 2007 market demand by volume
- CPL estimate of baseline 2007 percent split between Europe, US & ROW
- CPL estimates of 2007-2012 market demand using CPL base numbers
- CPL estimates of 2007-2012 market demand growth using client base numbers
- Comparison of volume and growth predictions from three reports
Comments on the assumptions in other reports
- Other report 2008
- Europe report 2006
- US report 2006
Sterol market trend based on our contacts’ views
Acceptable daily intake (ADI)
Contact reports and recent news with market implications
- Contact reports
- 6 reports
- Supplemental supermarket surveys – Australia
- Industrial oleochemical products (South Africa)
- 2 reports
- 5 News reports with market implications
- Items extracted from news reports relating to the market
- 9 Tables
- 1 Figure