In this case study, a global ingredients company engaged CPL Business Consultants to assess the market for lignan polyphenols. Subsequently, this formed part of a strategy to build a specialist health ingredients platform. CPL, therefore, provided insights and recommendations to support the company’s growth strategy.
Please look below for an outline of the study, or otherwise click here for a PDF of the contents.
The project assessed the market for health ingredient extracts containing lignan polyphenols in order to identify potential opportunities. The focus was on lignan polyphenol ingredients for foods, beverages, dietary supplements and also cosmetics ingredients.
CPL considered each opportunity in detail and determined the following:
- Approximate market size, characteristics (for example, competing products), trends and future potential
- Main players with an IP/technology position
- Key Success Factors and Barriers to Entry
- Potential partners and acquisition targets (e.g. with IP/technology or good science-based products)
- Key market applications segments or health conditions targeted
- Associated health benefits and scientific substantiation
- Possible use of lignan polyphenols as a technological antioxidant
- Principal Findings
General Overview of Polyphenols
- The Polyphenol Ingredients Market
- Key Industry Contact
Lignan Polyphenol Ingredients
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Lignans
- Health Benefits & Scientific Substantiation
- Estimated Market Size and Growth Rate (CAGR)
- Main Market Segments
- Opportunities in Lignan Polyphenols
- Profiles of Key Players and Innovators
- Regulatory Issues
- Contact Reports
- Carotenoid and Polyphenol Sources
- Common Dietary Flavonoids
- Foods rich in flavones, flavonols, etc.
- Total Lignan Content of Selected Foods
- Flavonoid Basic Chemical Structure
- Anthocyanidins (Anthocyanin Aglycones) Chemical Structures
- Flavanones and Flavones Chemical Structures
- Isoflavones Chemical Structures
Have a look at our PowerPoint Introduction and Brochure describing deliverables, differentiators and case studies. You can also review eight case studies.