In this case study, a hydrocolloid biorefinery engaged CPL Business Consultants to characterise the markets for alginate and provide recommendations as part of its diversification strategy.
Alginate Markets Strategy
The study assisted the client in determining plans to enter the market for alginate and also provided them with strategic recommendations. The production and sale of alginate products was then a stable and profitable business. Consequently, the group considered expanding its ingredients activities by entering the alginate business by acquisition. Alginates had well-characterized properties, although researchers had investigated alternatives to alginates for years. However, the likelihood of novel cheaper substitutes replacing alginate was not high in the foreseeable future.
- Objective, Method & Scope
- Conclusions & Recommendations
- World Market, Volume, Value, Price
- UK Exports, Imports and Prices
- Costs and Profitability
- Customers and Applications
- Key Success Factors
Major Forces Driving Market Change
- Existing Alginate Competitors
- Alternatives and Substitution
- New Uses of Alginates
- Consumer Preferences
Future Market Prospects
- Price, Supply and Customers
- Growth Drivers and Constraints
- Projected Growth (CAGR)
- Alginate Production
- Applications e.g. Food, Textiles and Minor Uses
- Stakeholders in Alginate Markets
Have a look at our PowerPoint Introduction and Brochure describing deliverables, differentiators and case studies. You can also review eight case studies.