D0701 Heart Health Opportunities (81)
The objective of this project was for CPL Business Consultants to assist the client in seeking, within the food area, potential new opportunities for ingredients in heart health. The focus was on reduction of elevated blood pressure and reduction of cholesterol although the report also included opportunities in general heart health and antioxidants.
More emphasis was placed on ingredients that had gone through at least one (pilot) clinical study and ideally had a reasonable chance to be approved as a food ingredient (non drug). However, if the potential of the ingredient was sufficiently interesting, and there seemed to be some possibility that clinical trials could be planned or were being planned, or that animal studies had been carried out, we have included these opportunities. Although earlier stage ventures were of less interest those found inadvertently were included.
Click here for a PDF of the contents of the study or look below for an outline.
Table of Contents
Objective and Background
Scope of the study
Opportunities in Heart Health
- Cardiovascular Health: Lowering Blood Pressure
- Cardiovascular health: Lowering Cholesterol
- Cardiovascular Health: General Health & Antioxidant Activity
- AS12 Market Potential for Supercritical CO2 Extraction
- AS03 Natural Food Colour Technologies and Markets
- AU12 Clean Label Emulsifiers
- AW09 Soy Protein Animal Feed Market
- B0904 Vegetable Proteins Industry (Plant-Based Proteins)