AT00 Strategic Planning for a Nutraceutical Plant Extract Business
The objective was to assist a company in an investigation into the markets for extracts of specific plants and algae as nutraceutical ingredients.
Background and Scope
The client, a leading company in plant extracts with full control of its supply chain, breeding, growing and harvesting its own crops. As well as having full traceability, the client was able to add value through using specially-selected crop varieties.
The company had a range of products, containing standardised levels of phytonutrients from plant concentrates, with enhanced levels of antioxidants such as polyphenols (e.g. anthocyanins) and carotenoids.
The company had access to a range of other crops and wanted to understand the potential for ingredients derived from these sources. For example:
- What is in these raw materials that may hold some potential?
- What is the effective dose?
- Examples of who is already working with these ingredients?
- Is there a market? If so, what is the approximate size?
- Examples and levels of actives in products, if appropriate?
- Are hard or soft claims made for the these products and what formats are they in?
CPL was able to provide insightful information on:
- Health Actives in Plant Materials
- Including product diversity and examples of value-added products
- Potential Markets
- Value, Growth, Dynamics
- Levels of Actives in Products/Product Formats
- Dosage Characteristics, Product Formats, Technologies
- Types of Claims – Hard or Soft
- Description and classification of claims used in marketing
- Competitive Landscape: Company Activity
- Products and Positioning
- Conclusions and Recommendations
- Segments to target
- Raw materials to prioritise
- Formulation strategy
- R&D requirements
- AT13 Global Pectin Market Overview
- AV041 Animal Feed, Premixes and Feed Additives Competitive Landscape in Serbia
- AR01 Due Diligence on a Food Service Concepts and Ingredients Provider
- AS12 Market Potential for Supercritical CO2 Extraction
- AS10 Plant Nutrition Technology Opportunities