J0203 Single-Cell Protein (SCP)
The objective of this project was to to assist the client in respect of a potential investment in a manufacturer of single-cell protein (SCP) based on a hydrocarbon feedstock.
CPL sought to determine the validity of the market figures and assumptions made by the manufacturer in respect of the speciality markets in petfood and flavourings.
In carrying out this study, CPL used internal documents and discussion with several of the key technical/commercial people involved from the manufacturer and potential customers. CPL also carried out an investigation of the flavour sector and the petfood sector.
CPL reviewed the history of the SCP sector with individuals knowledgeable about the technology and commerce of SCP. We sought their views on why so many technically valid projects had been less commercially successful than anticipated.
The study made recommendations concerning aspects of the potential investment including issues related to marketing and concerning the availability of certain protein materials for futher processing.
- AT13 Global Pectin Market Overview
- AV041 Animal Feed, Premixes and Feed Additives Competitive Landscape in Serbia
- AR01 Due Diligence on a Food Service Concepts and Ingredients Provider
- AS12 Market Potential for Supercritical CO2 Extraction
- AS10 Plant Nutrition Technology Opportunities