F0512 Inulin Markets and Processes
The objective of the study was to assist a client in assessing whether there is an opportunity to enter the inulin market by growing chicory and manufacturing inulin. The client needed to know whether it should use its experience, expertise and capabilities to broaden its range of products to include inulin.
The interest in inulin arises from its use for specific health benefits, rather than perceiving it as a commodity. The client therefore wanted to understand the present and future markets for inulin in all sectors, but especially in respect of its health benefits.
Click here for a PDF of the contents of the study or look below for an outline.
Scope of the Study
Principal Findings and Conclusions
- Inulin, Oligofructan (OF) and Fructooligosaccharides (FOS)
- Market Volumes, Values and Growth
- Players and Products
- Market Sectors and Applications
- End User Perception
- Inulin versus FOS
- Soluble Fibres & Prebiotics
- Applications, technical functions & health benefits of soluble fibres/prebiotics
- Markets & Trends
- Manufacturers and products
- Functional Foods
Inulin, Oligofructose and FOS Markets
- AS12 Market Potential for Supercritical CO2 Extraction
- AS03 Natural Food Colour Technologies and Markets
- AU12 Clean Label Emulsifiers
- AV01 PUReOPE: Process for Upgrade and Recovery Of Polyphenol Extracts
- AW09 Soy Protein Animal Feed Market