K0105 The Market for Inulin
The objective of this market study was to provide information on the current situation of inulin in order to see if there were any new opportunities within these markets.
We sought to determine something about the reception of inulin in the marketplace and the views of the manufacturers and in a few instances, their agents. Here we were trying to see whether inulin was popular and if the trends were upwards, and whether the principal uses was as a technical functional ingredient, providing texture and replacing fat, or was as a nutritional functional ingredient, providing pre-biotic or pro-biotic effects. We also sought to determine the ‘health’ sector view of inulin as a nutritionally functional ingredient. We obtained some additional information about general trends in foods and in fibre-enhanced products.
- AS12 Market Potential for Supercritical CO2 Extraction
- AS03 Natural Food Colour Technologies and Markets
- AU12 Clean Label Emulsifiers
- AW09 Soy Protein Animal Feed Market
- B0904 Vegetable Proteins Industry (Plant-Based Proteins)