N9807 Honey as an Ingredient
The objective of this study was to identify market opportunities for honey in the European market. To do this, CPL investigated sales of honey products in the UK, obtained additional data and information from suppliers, makers and sellers, and conducted a short and informal survey of attitudes towards honey.
Honey is generally believed to be healthier and safer than sugar and it has an almost impeccable image with consumers. It can provide an additional flavour and colour for product range extension while still being perceived as ‘healthy’, making it attractive to industrial customers. Addition of honey to non-sweet foods would expand the total market for our client, a major European sweeteners company.
- AS12 Market Potential for Supercritical CO2 Extraction
- AS03 Natural Food Colour Technologies and Markets
- AU12 Clean Label Emulsifiers
- AW09 Soy Protein Animal Feed Market
- B0904 Vegetable Proteins Industry (Plant-Based Proteins)